Monday, April 28, 2008

I make the Yoga Teacher Laugh!

Today I went to yoga, for my 5th time. This is quite an accomplishment for me. I started going to a class over at the Rec Center. It is insane how difficult it is. The first class, I was so out of my element. They were doing some balancing exercises. I know what your thinking Jenny and balancing. Ya, it was pretty embarrassing. I think that I was disrupting the whole class.

The teacher smiled and then said, "Let go of all your competitiveness and ambition, just focus on what is right for you. If you have to, go ahead and drop your balancing pose, and then pick it up when it is right for you."

I just love that comment. I am so competitive in all that I do, and really I need to just focus on what is right for me and my family. I am totally hooked on yoga, I love the work out and I really like the teacher. So now when I go to the class I concentrate more on what I am doing, and not so much on what the rest of the class is doing. Although, I still make my yoga teacher laugh, I am getting a little better!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

"What is right for you"...I love, love, love this! It is going to be my new motto in life, I needed one, thanks! Now, I will really make you laugh.......I WANT TO DO YOGA! Seriously! They have it at my gym, and I have been trying to get up enough courage to try, but keep not going because of what everyone else in the class will think, now you have given me the courage to "do what is right for me!". Thank you!

Karen said...

What time is yoga? I'll be sure to go watch when I need a laugh!!! J/K