Friday, April 25, 2008

Our Sisters Retreat



In 2003 we started a Sister's Retreat.  This has been a really fun tradition.  The sister's consist of my mother and her three sisters (the first generation).  Then comes all of their daughters and daughter-in-laws (the second generation).  Then my daughter (the third generation).  All of the little girls are invited to come when they are 11 years old.  My 11 year old is really excited.

We have so much fun.  This is a total girl week end.  If it is girly we do it. Some of our activities have included, shopping, chick flicks, painting, making jewelry, making cards, eating out, eating in, playing games, knitting, riding trains, story time, eating carmel apples, slides, crafting,  and my favorite talking and laughing the whole night long (some sisters do try to sleep).

This is going to be the sixth year that we have done this fun tradition, and I can't wait.  There is nothing like a Girls Weekend to help you connect with one another.  When we all get together, we seem to pick up right where we left off. 



"You are never, ever required to fake
laugh when you're with your sisters."

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Wow, I just found this blog, how fun! I love the sister's retreat I look forward to it all year. It's so true about the song "this one's for the girls" because it makes me happy and I think about our first retreat.